Sunday, November 8, 2009

My New Venture and a Great Ministry

Finished with some more designs! First off, I finally started a photography blog for myself! I've been planning on it for a few months now, but it's finally done and I'm having a BLAST filling it up. Stop by and let me know what you think!

Abigail Kraft Photography



Secondly, I would like to tell you about a fantastic lady who has started this great ministry for bloggers called "Shoulders". In her words:

This blog is all about encouraging those in need of a little push. We'll feature one blogger in each post. Followers will be strongly encouraged to leave a comment at every blog. They aren't required to follow, or even really to pray for the bloggers. They are only asked to comment, and the rest is up to them.

I remember one day when I sat down at my computer feeling really down and opened my dashboard to see I had 13 comments. Yes, they were all from the same person who was doing some catching up, but it made my day. I'd love to give that same experience to other bloggers, only drastically amplified. Wouldn't it be awesome to sit down to a thousand comments? Maybe you don't have a thousand followers, but a thousand people thought of you today, and a thousand people took time out of their day to send you some encouraging words.


Doesn't that sound great!? Well, she's just started this ministry, so be sure to consider following so that you can join in on the cause of giving other bloggers encouragement and a little love. She is currently accepting emails with suggestions of people to feature, so if you have someone in mind, make sure to contact her!

Shoulders

8 comments:

  1. your blog designs are really awesome. I would love to have your services sometime in the future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing design! I do blog design too (see my main blog, HorseFeathers {ohorsefeathers.blogspot.com} for an example) and can really appreciate how difficult all this must be. Great job!

    Would you mind sharing what method you use to create the fading/scrolling script for Shoulders? Is it Flash or something fancy like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White in Vermont

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. i was referred over here by someone. i love your work. can i hire you??

    haha. actually, i'm looking for a whole new blog name. i'll keep the URL the same, but the blog name will be different. i'm a working mom, wife, raising 2 kids. i don't know. need something clever. but i would love to have you design my blog. check out my current blog. i want something more simple, elegant, easy on the eyes and easy to see what's going on.

    please email me at jladewski at hotmail dot com

    www.sweetaspunkinpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Abigail. I've seen you around. Marissa @ a peek into my life has talked about you! I do graphics as well (my blog is www.unthink-it.blogspot.com)

    I was wondering how do you make your blog makeovers look...awesome? I don't get how you do the headers and things. Or even your navbars! could you divulge?! :)

    if you'd rather email the info to me, my email is www.unthink.it@gmail.com

    Awel Prince

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, forget my other comment, I figured out how to make moving headers on my own. Keep up the great work!

    (And hi Awel. ^_^)

    ReplyDelete